Monday, September 26, 2011

Voices for Virtue or Voices in Anger?

I do subscribe to Voices for Virtue on Facebook and usually have enjoyed it.  Now I need to explain that my problem is more about the people who have commented on the video below.  Following is my post on Voices:

I loved it. We do believe we are working to become worthy to have our own worlds, and we do believe that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri and we do believe that President Monson does talk to God. We were, are and will be a peculiar people and that does invite attacks. I have more problems with Big Love and Sister Wives than a musical portraying our beliefs in a light manner. We are going to have to be able to have a sense of humor. Use the opportunity of the publicity of this musical to share what you believe in a more serious manner, if you choose. We do a disservice to ourselves if we behave in the manner of some of your denouncements of this play. I'm a Mormon and I just believe! lol


One last comment -- this musical or the people who stand at the temple gates in temple robes over street cloths and throwing our scriptures on the ground and dragging them around by a rope ... ?


I really believe that we need to lighten up!  I know there are some songs that I will not purchase from this musical because they are a little offensive to me, but the notoriety the Church is getting from this musical is huge and if we respond with un-Christ like language and behavior, we are going to do more harm.  I wanted to take a poll and see how many of the negative comments came from "Utah Mormons."  Sorry my Utah friends, but it is what it is!


Look at the Colbert report that people  liked so much -- was it that much different?  I think not!


http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/394360/august-10-2011/yaweh-or-no-way----mormons---god-s-poll-numbers?xrs=share_copy

No comments:

Post a Comment