Monday, September 26, 2011

First of my last Parent/Teacher Conferences

I had a very pleasant experience today going to Nic's P/T conferences.  They all had good things to say about him and his personality and contributions to the classroom.  The grades are pretty good with a little room for improvement.  Kind of boring, right?  Let me share some of my more memorable P/T Conferences.

Andrea -- Every teacher would tell us she was a wonderful student that participated in class and she knew her stuff.  Every teacher would say she was so intelligent and well spoken.  So what if her grade is an "F" at mid-term and an "H" in citizenship.  If she would just turn her homework in.  I would say, I try, but watch, she'll have it up to "A" or "B" by the end of term.  So freakin' frustrating and so funny!!!

One more little fact about Andrea:  She spent her Sr. year in California.  My sister found out that she had an English assignment that was due the next day.  A big one.  She had to write an essay about Martin Luther King.  Andrea went to the computer and pounded out an essay in about 35 minutes time.  My sister was "whatever -- "  It was turned and Andrea won a statewide essay contest with that 35 minute essay.  Blew all of our minds!

Rachael -- ditto above, with the addition, she is such a leader and the class will go as Rachael goes.  Meaning, if she behaved well, then so did the class and if she wanted to screw around, then so would the entire class.

Matthew -- ditto above, with "he's so nice and sweet."

No comments:

Post a Comment