Monday, September 12, 2011

Start of After the Tears


I was looking for a dress for my brother’s wedding and went to the history to see where I had already looked.  My eyes scanned the various sites and . . .  my heart stopped and the color drained from my face.  The world stood still as vomit came up into my mouth.   My eyes looked further down the list and saw more and more disgusting titles.  I started to shake. 
My daughter, Rachael, and my sister, were at the dining room table visiting with me.  We had been talking and laughing about the upcoming wedding and that our other brother, Bud, would be up from Arizona.
“Stop this right now,”  I told myself.  “They cannot ask you what is going on . . . what would you say?”  I sat up straighter, took a deep breath and rejoined the conversation.  What I felt had been a very long time, was in actuality, a couple of seconds and they had not noticed my distress.  After awhile, they decided to go to bed.  Everyone was in bed, except for me, as I reopened the computer.

August 19, 2005, at 7:48 p.m., the time my life changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment