Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Practice Grandkids

Years ago, before I knew I was going to have a little trouble getting real grandbabies, I started adopting my practice grandkids.  My very first ones were Kennedy and Taiden (with Britt and Shaw being added as they came along).  Kennedy is the same age as Nic, so we think its funny that she is my practice granddaughter and the same age as my baby.

Then we moved to Centerville and I added Ana (with Livy coming a few years later).  Next my sweet family of 5 moved in next door:  Sam, Nick, Ana, David and Rachel.  I always had treats at my house for my practice grandkids, but if you didn't make the club, don't come knockin'.

We moved back up north and in our cul de sac, I hit gold.  Across the street, Tyler, Collin and Andee (Meg joined later and then next door to them was Bridger and Avery (Chloe came later).  Just out of the cul de sac and across the street is Jack and Brigham (with sweet Bailey) and next door to us eventually was Christian and Leah (with Slater just joining this last summer).

In March of 2010, my sweet Violet was born and I really do get to be Aunty Grammy with her.  She now lives in Missouri and is awaiting her little sister, Norah.  I might get to go back and help with the new baby this spring, I hope.

Lastly and surely not least, Franklin, Beatrice and Solomon.

The rules at my house when they come to visit is that they are in charge and Lisa does not say no.  I have loved attending baseball and soccer games.  I have gotten to go to Grandparents' Breakfast and hope to attend a few dance recitals coming up.  I have watched a Karate belt advancement and been to more than a few baptisms.  They know to come to my house on Halloween because I have big candy bars for my babies.

I am going to rock as a grandma because these kids and their parents have been so great to let me in on some of their fun.  I love each and every one of them.

Seriously, there have been times when their moms have been so in tune and called me to see if I wanted to come hold the baby or tell me a fun story about them.  I haven't been the greatest grandma lately, but I hope they know I still love them and I still watch what they do and are so proud of their accomplishments.  We need to have a party at my house and soon.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment